Cleaning dirty water with Moringa Seeds Education
Trough our education program we are teaching at the countryside how to clean dirt water into clean drinking water with the Moringa Seeds.
How to purify water with the Moringa Seed.
The seed of the Moringa tree (Moringa Oleifera) is a natural flocculant/coagulant. That is, when dried Moringa seeds or seed powder is added to water it helps to treat turbid or cloudy water by pulling together floating particles—including dirt, other solids, and some germs and worms—and when the water settles, the particles sink to the bottom of the water container. This method helps reduce dirt and germs that cause disease and illness.
Dosage: Low turbidity water 1 seed per 4 liters water Medium turbidity water 1 seed per 2 liters water High turbid water 1 seed per 1 liter water Extreme turbid water 2 seeds per 1 liter water
Materials to work with: - 1 bottle of clean drinking water - 2 containers, 1 for the water and 1 for the storage of the cleaned water - Filtration material, for example a piece of cloth - Moringa seeds - Knife or scissors
How to work
1. Collect the Moringa seeds
2. Remove the seed coat and discard any colored kernels
3. Determine the quantity of kernels
4. Grind the seeds
5. Mix the seeds with a small amount of the fresh water to form a paste
6. Mix the paste with the bottle fresh water and shake hard for 1 minute
7. Place the piece of cloth across the container with dirty water and pour the bottle in to the container with the dirty water
8. Stir treated water rapidly for 1 minute and after that slowly (15 – 20 rotations per minute) for 5 – 10 minutes (depending on the turbidity)
9. Let the treated water rest for 1 – 2 hours (depending on the turbidity)
10. When the particles and contaminates have settled to the bottom carefully pour the water in the clean container.
Safe Water Storage:
When you work hard to collect, transport and treat your water to make it clean and safe to drink, you need to handle and store it properly to keep it clean and safe. Sometimes, the quality of stored water can become worse. To ensure that it is safe, water must be handled carefully while it is being carried and it must be stored in vessels that protect it from further contamination or re-contamination. There are some kinds of containers that can help prevent contaminating (or making dirty) your clean water. But sometimes it is difficult to find or buy a good storage container.
Reduce synthetic chemicals by Moringa seeds
carbon emission by Moringa seeds